Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Party is Over

It's official- the Holidays are over and we have all survived. The cookie parties are over, the secret santas have been revealed and the Christmas cards have quickly come to a halt.

 As I watch the enthusiasm of my children going back to school this morning and getting back on schedule- I would be lying if I didn't say that I felt the exact same way. We had a wonderful Holiday season, everything went beautifully and we were all very content. I had the pleasure of being surrounded by people that I love which is the ultimate gift for me and the kids even had some wonderful quality time with their father. I am however happy that everything is complete so Im in wrap-up mode.  I put away most of my decorations however Im not ready to dismantle my tree yet. It provides a warm and peaceful environment in our family room so I don't mind that hanging around for us to enjoy as the days become chillier.



It is however time for all of us to get back to work, school, focus or whatever project you were working on before the holiday madness interfered with it. There is so much preparation and anticipation and parties to attend that it is simply impossible to stay on schedule. Im not the type of person who feels a let down after I have had a party so the end of this season settles in nicely with me.  January still brings much to celebrate for me and I view it as a period of reorganization so that aspect of it is very appealing to me.

Im truly committed this year to my New Year's resolutions so as I wind down from Christmas, I have larger  challenges ahead of me. Im actually writing them down and holding myself accountable so my determination has already set the stage for a more positive result. So, as my kids are launched back to school, I too shall launch myself and hopefully start off the year with positive vibrations. Internally, I feel that 2012 is going to be a fabulous year.

I hope all of you are feeling as optimistic as I am, we can only look forward and approach the unknown with confidence. It's time to shed all that has weighed you down and move in the direction of personal fulfillment. That's my plan for the first week of January- for better or worse I will certainly keep you posted. xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Michelle. Glad to read you had a lovely holiday.
Your post made me think of friends of mine who liked their Christmas tree lights so much, they decided to put a strand of small white lights in their rather large ficus tree year round. Their t.v. nook was always cozy with the glow of those lights. I've often thought of doing that :)
Anyway, happy new year!
xo
Patti