Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Monday, February 17, 2014

No More Lies



“The truth is rarely pure and never simple”- Oscar Wilde


 There are many songs written about honesty, many marriages broken up over dishonesty and many people who struggle with having an honesty conversation about their feelings. 

Im thankful that I am a direct person and truly am honest. I willingly deal with the repercussions of my words and feelings for the reward of having an open and free flowing personality. I encourage those around me to be blatantly honest. I will not judge nor make you feel stupid. In fact I will often not respond in any way until I feel that you have fully expressed yourself.  However, in any forum, I find that people are not one percent honest.

 We see this everyday when we ask people how they are doing- we often hear- Im great- things are great- everybody’s great and business is great- in fact better than ever. That’s the one that makes me smile on the inside.The entire country is in distress and yet your business is doing great.  

Business owners, realtors and other sales people are programmed to reply that their business is always thriving. We know that in many cases,  this is simply not the case.   Im not trying to be sarcastic,  Im just  tired of people stretching the truth.

Who are we trying to impress and why?  Are we that inherently unhappy or insecure that we have to make everyone believe that our life is great. What is wrong with the obvious- that life can be difficult and life presents everyone with challenges- at times. Does it make a person inferior if they are experiencing personal or financial difficulty. I think not.

The truth always comes out, it is simply a matter of time.  
 We all know when someone is trying to pull the wool over our eye and if we we chose to ignore it we are left often untrusting of others.  In time we learn just who we can rely on and who will ultimately fail us.
I can always tell when someone is lying to me. This is a gift as well as a curse but I have yet to be wrong. I have an innate sense when people are trying to hide the truth or are exaggerating. I can't explain it but I truly do know. 
If we are honest and upfront with each other than we are ultimately honest with ourselves. If we can’t be honest with those closest to us than we have to question who we are as individuals. Perhaps people are so insecure they are afraid they will lose those closest to them if they bared their souls
 I think relationships would be infinitely more successful if people were honest. As individuals it is essential to accept the truth in what people have to offer- particularly in relationships. Some hold on to others because they need their financial support, or out of fear that they will ultimately be alone- I see this all the time- others hold on to the false promises that change will take place.  
As Billy Joel says Honesty is such a lonely word- everyone is so untrue. How sad that he views the world as dishonest.
Today, I want you to be honest to everyone that you have a conversation with.  Don’t hide from exposing your inner self- you have nothing to lose as if you are not truthful- your identity has already been compromised.
 Those who love you will accept you with all of your shortcomings. They will accept you despite the fact that you are not perfect. They may even offer resolution to issues that you have kept to yourself. 
The only way to establish intimacy and true connection is by sharing your soul. You risk nothing and have the possibility to enrich your life and the lives of those you love simply by being true. xo

No comments: