Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Live and Let Go

Always say 'yes' to the present moment... Surrender to what is. Say 'yes' to life - and see how life starts suddenly to start working for you rather than against you. Eckhart Toille



How do we create satisfaction, happiness, harmony and wisdom in a world that is riddled with negativity. I have begun a new practice which has been wonderful for me. I start the day acknowledging all of the things in my life for which I am grateful. 

I organize my thoughts around what I wish to accomplish in the day and not in my lifetime. I break it down which brings an awareness to the moment.

I want to experience life to the fullest however we must all deal with disappointment and irritation on occasion.  At times we do not get the result intended or perhaps people do not live up to the  expectations we have placed upon them. 
 The manner in which we reflect upon them and pay homage to them will  make the difference in the outcome. 

If someone or something is causing you distress, step away from the situation and look at it through the eyes of a stranger. 
Detach your emotion and evaluate the reality of the behavior as opposed to the fantasy that you have created. People do not change, what you see is what you get. Acceptance of that makes all the difference. This brings me to one of my favorite authors- Thoreau- who believed in quieting the mind.
Mindfulness is the root of Buddhist thinking and can bring tranquility and instill order amidst chaos.

 Let go of the preoccupation with the past and the worries of the future if only for an hour.

 Let go of anger and upset and disappointment. 

 Forgive people who do not live up to your expectations.

You can not  control anyone nor encourage them to change should they not desire to. 
Accept who they are and what they want. 
Please stop examining every aspect of life and be mindful of your own growth and self exploration. 
Wake up to your own soul and your own capabilities. 

Your love affair should be with yourself above all others. Expect nothing and you will be pleasantly surprised. Let go of your idea of perfection and the illusion of happily ever after. Enjoy the moment and accept those you love for who they are despite their imperfections.

 Forgive, detach and let go,  and in doing so you will free yourself from your own man-made prison. xo

No comments: