Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Thursday, January 23, 2014

High Maintenance Or Glamorous


                     

I have always thought of the term High Maintenance to be negative.  I interpret it as a prissy type of woman who is afraid to get her hands dirty, or has to have everything a certain way or she throws a fit. For some reason, I don't associate that term with the exterior of a person and yet most people do.

I wonder if my friends think Im high maintenance. I know Im not when it comes to dining, well I do prefer fine dining however Im nice to the waitstaff.  I don't torture them with a list of demands that would make any waiter or waitress reconsider their career path. 

Remember the following from When Harry Met Sally

Harry: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally: Which one am I?
Harry: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
Sally: I don't see that.
Harry: You don't see that? Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side. And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you.
Sally: Well, I just want it the way I want it.
Harry: I know; high maintenance.

I love nice clothing and beautiful cars and I have to always have lip gloss on, does that define who I am or what I like to look like? Perhaps both but it takes me the same amount of time to put on sneakers as it does my high heels. Dressing down for me definitely takes more effort then finding a great outfit wear

 It's just who I am, it's how my Mother is and how my Grandmother was so I guess it's in my blood.  I suppose wanting nice things is considered high maintenance, however I don't think it should be.

 I don't make a big fuss about it to anyone I simply get dressed, and very quickly I might add. I can have my hair, makeup and complete look together in under thirty minutes. High Maintenance - I think not.

I also would like to add that despite the fact that I always look like Im going out somewhere fancy- Im not- at least not all of time.  I raise my children alone, I know what the mechanics are in my basement and what they need. I take care of my house,drag out the trash, and I have planted over 80 plants on my property with my own hands. Don't ask me what I was wearing as I don't own gardening crocks or anything that resembles planting gear.

So call me what you prefer- high or low maintenance- I know who I am, what I like and what I need to be happy. The definition of that could be many things the only thing that truly matters to me is how I define myself. xo
             

No comments: