Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Outing

My ex husband has been staying in my house since Tuesday. Most people think that Im insane to let him stay here but it makes the most sense to me. My children are safe and in their environment and I have the opportunity to escape for a few days. My ex doesn't have to waste money on a hotel and I feel calm knowing that my kids are not staying in a hotel.  It's a win win for everyone.

I went up to Boston on Tuesday and checked into a boutique hotel that I have never been to.
I usually stay at the Copley Westin but since I was without children, I wanted something a bit more eclectic. The hotel was lovely and my room was very pretty- they also allow pets if anyone needs to accommodate their furry friends.


I couldn't wait to bounce around my favorite city and an hour after arrived that's exactly what I did. I always find it neat to visit places where I once lived. There is always so much change and yet in a city like Boston which is so rich in history and culture, much remains the same. I had lunch at a trendy little place called Max and Dylanswww.maxanddylans.com and continued on my journey. 
I walked and walked and walked until... I fell and I fell very hard. I landed on my knee and ripped my favorite jeans. I got up so fast that no one needed to help me and I walked very quickly back to my hotel. I really hurt myself and decided to stay in for the evening.  I missed my kids and actually was thinking about leaving the next day. 

Im not the type of Mother who can just take off and tune out and in fact Im quite the opposite. I like having my children with me and around me. However, it is important for a full time single parent to get refreshment. I know that I certainly deserve it but for some reason I was missing home more than usual. I fought the urge to take off and made myself relax with a few glasses of Chardonnay.

 I woke up with enthusiasm and spent the day with one of my best friends. We went to one of our favorite haunts sonsieboston.com/ and had an amazing time. We have been going there since it opened 17 years ago so the memories were just wonderful. If you are ever in Boston, it is a great place to hang out and people watch and the food is unique with a European flair. This restaurant tends to attract the jet-setters from out of the country.

I had a great time with an old friend. I miss her and feel so blessed to be able to always pick right up where we left off. Im happy to be home now with my children but Boston is definitely my other home. I know it like the back of my hand and I feel like it knows me. We have a history together and a love affair that will never end. I have had the most wonderful experiences in that city and I can't wait to go back soon but next time Im taking my kids with me. I already have my rooms booked.  I want them to fall in love with Boston and learn there way around as I did so many years ago. It's nice to be able to continue to go back after all these years and still feel like Im not from out of town. xo

No comments: