Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Time Is Now

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on to an uncompleted task. "   William James

Im beyond thrilled at the moment- I  just completed something that I have been working on for a few weeks  This project has been on my mind, on my to- do list and on my desk for what seems forever.  Only good things can result from what I have been working on so why I have I been so reluctant to complete it.
What makes us procrastinate and what good comes of it?
From the bills sitting on our desk, letters unwritten, phone calls that need to be made- projects nearing completion. What is that makes us put-off until later so many things that need to be accomplished right now.www.positivityblog.com/.../how-to-stop-procrastinating-7-timeless-ti...


It is so rewarding to put the final touches on something or complete it fully. Your mind is instantly at ease and relieved that you have accomplished the task or goal.  At times, particularly when I have a to-do list that is longer than Giavanna's Christmas list- I move at a pace that is borderline hyper. Other times, I will have a project that I want to work on and if it involves numbers or is particularly thought provoking- I hesitate. My hesitation leads to diversion which leads to procrastination.
I can actually feel the psychological pull that exists when I am procrastinating. Since I am type A, putting things off goes against my nature. I hustle and I like to get things done and if you tell me we are going on vacation, I'm ready in no time.

We make endless lists of things we must accomplish, the holidays add to our stress. The pressure of having to accomplish and juggle so many things undoubtedly surmount but the best thing to do is dive in. Lose the thinking that you don't have time to finish all the things you need to. You will find the time, you always do and if you have to cut back, so be it.  We, as mothers, wives, girlfriends  and caretakers have to learn how to manage our time accordingly.  Im truly grateful for the fact that I don't need a lot of sleep nor do I indulge in television very often.

So I shall rejoice in my accomplishment and not look at the rest of the projects that I need to accomplish. This one was a big one and will hopefully start the ball rolling on a big dream of mine. One has to start somewhere and it begins with yourself. The time is now - xo

No comments: