Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Today is the day xo


“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count.

How easy it is to read positive affirmations about living life to it's fullest and living a life with no regret nor indecision. How easy it is to read about it but how many of us truly practice it. How many of you wake up and the first thought of your day is -  Wow, thank God Im alive, another day on Earth for me to make my life count and take in all of the joy that life has to offer." Or, does that first thought sound more like this, " ugh it's so early, I wish I could sleep ten minutes more as my day is packed today- how will I ever manage all that I have to do!

Most people wake up either in a frenzy as they scramble to organize themselves and perhaps their children. They are not gazing out into nature appreciating the gift that they have indeed been given. I don't take peace or health for granted so in fact, along with the thought process of thinking of all that I do, I always step outside and take a deep breath.


 I acknowledge all that I am grateful for and I do recognize the beauty that surrounds me. Im grateful and Im aware and Im extremely happy, it is simply my nature so I don't have to struggle with it.

I have seen people not taking in life in terms of enjoyment, not being gracious for all the good things they have but rather seeing the flaws in everything. Thinking that if they obtained a bigger house, more money, a better job, marriage or perhaps divorce, life would be grand. They get lost in the focus of the moment and lose sight of all the natural beauty around them. 

They fail to see the strength in their friendships, the commitment of their family, the fortitude of living in a country where there is freedom. All of these things, that are so critical to happiness are left unappreciated. How sad

It often takes a crisis for humans to recognize and pay homage to the things that truly matter to the well being of their spirit. I can tell you one thing, if you are not currently grateful for the gift of a healthy life or perhaps your children or your parents, one day you will be. 

The problem is it will be too late. You will have regret that you did not express to your parents that you loved them if they died suddenly. If you become sick, you will focus on the good health that you were blessed to have. If your children who were always well-behaved and smart, become hooked on drugs.  You will remember how good it was, and again it will be too late. 

Recognize the good in your life, look for it and express yourself to people that you love. There is such a peacefulness that comes from this. Acknowledge all the beauty that comes from the things that flow beautifully in your life.
 Don't wait until there is a crisis. Start today, find those five things you are blessed to know, have or see and happiness can not helped but be attracted to you. Your spirit will be at peace and there is nothing better than that. xo


No comments: