Thanks for Reading Suburban Adventure

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Greatly Reduced Circumstances

I love to write but I can only write when I feel that I have something to share that is worthwhile. If it doesn't flow or I sit down and have to think about what to write, I simply walk away and do not write. It comes from the heart and the words that flow out of my mind are the words that have also flowed from my inner most self and that is what I share with all of you.

I have had the most wonderful opportunity to meet intelligent, interesting and kind-hearted people as a result of my writing. My blog has traveled around the world and I know that the honesty of my writing has struck a chord in many people. I have shared my soul to strangers and in doing so I have made many new friends.

One of my new friends lives in Ireland and she is going through a challenging and difficult divorce. She is a beautiful woman with two young boys and I wanted to share with you a letter about her journey. It is moving, sad and yet riddled with a strength of courage that only comes with time and faith. Im happy to have met her and look forward to helping her as she continues on this difficult journey.




Greatly Reduced Circumstances - written by Caroline Kennedy

"Tis the season to be jolly, or so they say. If you are one of the many in the middle of a separation, divorce, fighting for survival, in the abyss of greatly reduced circumstances, please read on. I have viewed these situations from the sidelines, others going through similar experiences, but never fully comprehended the emotional and financial pain of the entire experience, until now.

My small rented house is freezing cold as the snow covers the ground. Hot running water, once taken for granted is now a luxury. My ex is swaddled in the lap of luxury and my close "friends" have distanced themselves, as if I have become infected with some virulent strain of a new contagious disease.

However, Im trying to be happy. I realized that when I left my dysfunctional relationship over a year ago- I knew I would have the fight of my life. The time that I have spent away from my two wonderful sons has been limited. I have refused to use them as pawns in this ugly scenario, accepting their wishes to remain in the family home, for now. This has vexed me so.

It would have been easy to remain in an un happy marriage as many do. I had all the worldly comforts of financial security however suffering for the sake of appearances is not living the essence of life. So although my situation is far from sorted, I know that I must continue along my journey with courage, strength and fortitude.

Life is not easy and at times we all have to face hardships. Divorce strips you of everything, but if you are prepared to find your real spirit of vitality, life's wonderful panorama of events can be yours.

When you get to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown
Faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen. Either you will be given something solid to stand on,
Or you will be taught how to fly. --Anonymous

Caroline's divorce has not been finalized and she continues to fight in the court system for resolution.






No comments: